Today after the classes we visited a Univetsity Cork College (Irish name:Coláiste na hOllscoiste Corcaigh) which was founded in 1845 as one of the three Queen’s Colleges located on Belfast, Galway and Cork. Medicine, Art and Law became three founding faculties of Queen’s Cork College in 1849. Today the University has four colleges: Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Science; Business and Law; Medicine and Health; and Science, Engineering and Food Science. UCC is home to the Irish Institute of Chinese Studies, which allows students to study Chinese culture.
The university was named Irish University of the Year by the Sunday Times on four occasions; most recently in 2015/2016. UCC also became the first university to achieve the ISO 50001 standard in energy management in 2011.
In the University you can see an exhibition of Ogam „Stones stories”. Ogam is the earliest written source of Irish language.
Of course, every description was written in English and Irish language.
Street’s names are also written in English and Irish language.